Welcome. You're visitor number : hit counter

The To-Do List

Tuesday, April 06, 2010

How to disable Facebook Celcom SMS account RM1/week

Now, many people might think that having to pay RM1 per week - must I add, only - for unlimited amount of status updates/replies to Facebook via Celcom SMS is pure blessing from above. They can get notified of any updates and then reply right away even when they're on the go. I don't

Anything may happen to whomever on Facebook; when I'm not on my desk I don't want to know. It's not like I won't be back soon to check. Heck, I spent more than 20% of my day in front of a computer, I doubt I'll miss any... non-deliberately. I've been wanting to cancel this 'service' for the longest time since I don't even use it at all. AND I can't remember signing in/registering for such services. All these while I let Celcom  deduct RM1 every week from my credit amount with lazy contempt. Until... 
So there, last week they cut me twice. RM1 two days in a row. I might sound like a cheapskate but I'd rather have my money channelled into something that I use like for calling or SMS spree. It may be glitched or something but I am set on finding out how to stop it. 

As a first step, I Googled it... and after a few tries I finally found out how. Tried it immediately... and it worked! Yay! For those who are pestered with this un-called for service like I do, here's how to disable it:

Send STOP FB to 32665

A very simple step yet so well kept. From now on, I shall happily enjoy my freedom from Facebook Celcom SMS. They wont be able to bug me anymore X)

26th Jan 2011 an update: Thanks to the prompting from nahrafqifahs and amira (see comments below), there is actually an update on how to disable the Celcom Facebook SMS account. Instead of sending STOP FB, type STOP ALL. Thanks again you both ^^,

30 ,000 comments:

Jefferi said...

now, no need to do the facebook SMS update. some phone do cater specialize program to get update on the phone. i just saw some sony ericson new model phone do that..

Santafire said...

i guess its best not to associate web and phone; twitter, fb.. and all the likes.

Gladys David said...

@Jeff: Ya bah. FB Sms update is redundant since many phones nowadays is wireless equipped.

@True.

mumu said...

Hi thanks for the info. Yea, I agree with deduction of our RM1 weekly. It suppose to be free. Yay

However, the FB sms or Celcom FB or whatever will be useful if you are at the country like China. That's all.

CAHAYA said...

Thank you so much. Been searching for this for a while now. Hate the SMS thingy!

GladysDavid said...

@mumu & cahaya: Your welcome!
Glad to be of help to you both ^^

PandaLover said...

If ur celcom User
Text STOP FB send to 32665

N.M fAdHiL aSrYaRi said...

TQ

amira said...

it's STOP ALL not STOP FB
anyway.. thansks for the info

ShahJohan said...

Thanks for the info sister..!!~
haha.. i've been asking help from my colleagues, my cousins.. Not to mention from Celcom itself..

Luckily i found you.. Now, i've settled my problem already..
I would like to ask you permission to copy your thread and paste it in my blog..

Thanks anyway for the info.. Really appreciate it..

nahrafqifahs said...

Hi thank's for the info... there is some mistake right there, like amira says, it's not STOP FB, but it's STOP ALL then send to 32665, then you will get replied sms with notification your Facebook SMS subscribtion has been deactivated.

ePiey said...

thanks!!
finally i found the answer hw to stop it. :)

GladysDavid said...

You're welcome, ppl.

@nahrafqifahs & amira: Thanks for the update. I guess they've changed the setting.

amal said...

thanks for the info! :)

firdaus.nje said...

terima kasih

Admin said...

Hi, good info. I've cancelled mine too. Now I use Pay-Per-Use Fb-Combo update by private operator, no registration charge as it uses fb to register. Just sms when needed with my old nokia. 30sen /sms seems fine. Well, at least it is a free registration and no commitment fee.

Oh ya, the best part, it can update twitter, wordpress and blogspot at one go (1 sms charge) ie 4 in 1 when u register in fb.

wanna try? http://apps.facebook.com/mysmsclub

Triple R said...

OH My GOD!!!! THANKS a Lot!!! I've been searching the solution to stop 'the charges' since a month ago...(of course not full time doing it...).. Finally your POST really help me. Thanks again... :)

Portalniaga Dot Com said...

Thanks!

Alvin said...

This is really useful info. I have been receiving the SMS update messages for months on every weekend. And like what you guys said it's useless. Now I am free from this notifications. Thanks to all that shared the info here.

pawaka19 said...

thanks for information..now i diactivated this app..just using smart twitter for update

ahpish said...

Thank you! Really appreciate it. it's been 4 months over since i registered this nightmares..

Pinky Tze said...

I've tried both of the ways. But they send me this message.
Service is currently unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you.
What should i do? I'm a Digi user.

meow said...

omg.. Thanks a lot for sharing this info. I have been searching the whole celcom.com.my website with no avail.

apabilahujan said...

Ah finally I can disable this Fb Celcom SMS. Thanks a lot for this info :D

D.J Sky said...

ahhh...at last!! i can stop all updates on facebook on my mobile!! thankz a lot!! freedom! freedom!

Chin Xing said...

thx u , sohai celcom deduct my credit two time per week

Doğa Doğu said...

thanks a lot

Melly Octaviana said...

Thanks for the info. Juz what I'm looking for.. :-)

守護星 said...

Thx a lot !! :3

守護星 said...

Thx A Lot !! :3